OpenAssistant is an evolving open source artificial intelligence system able to interact in basic conversation and automate an increasing number of tasks.
- Arch Linux (Testing Soon on Ubuntu Linux and macOS)
- Python 3.5
- PocketSphinx 5PreAlpha
- GStreamer-1.0 Base Plugins
- aplay - console audio player
- pamixer - port audio volume control
- plaympeg - console mp3 player
- projectm - visualizations responsive to audio changes
- wmctrl - window manager control. opening, closing, resize, switch windows.
- xdotool - command line x automation tool
- xvkbd - virtual keyboard for x
- Install dependencies and tools.
- Download and unpack the latest
assist.shto configure desired variables, then save.
$chmod +x ./assist.sh
./assist.sh. Global variables will be set and
./etc/commands.jsonhas changed and your machine is online, a new dictionary and language model will be created via the Sphinx Knowledge Base Tool.
- Say "Hello!" 🙂 To mute, say "Be quiet" or "Silence". To unmute, say "Talk to me".
- To quit, say "Goodbye" or "Farewell."
- To change assistant commands and language, edit
./etc/commands.json. Exit and relaunch
- For help, you can receive support in the OpenAssistant Forum.
- Port OpenAssistant to multiple Linux distributions, beginning with Ubuntu
- Enable dynamic voice and instant name changes via spoken commands
- Configure syntax and actions via spoken commands
- Install internal language model translation
- Improve speech recognition and synthesis
- Long-term memory & machine learning
- Web scraping & information analysis
- Establish multiple default 'personalities' and plug-in functions
- Port OpenAssistant to all operating systems and devices
- Galactic Exploration!
Join our development working group at: http://www.openassistant.org
This README has become outdated.
Please stay tuned to the current README on github.
Things keep changing fast!